Sunday, June 27, 2010

Bach for Breakfast

This morning, I played some "Bach for breakfast" at Columbus Circle. I played for about half an hour, and it was fun, although Bach occasionally had to compete with a construction site nearby.




A young woman and her little boy listened the whole time. After I finished, we had a conversation. They were from Brasil, and the woman said the piano looked like the Brasilian Flag. Gabriel, the little boy, (2 years old) showed some inclination to play. We helped him climb the piano chair, and he had the time of his life. My music was still on the music stand, and after he had played for a while, he insisted I turn the page, as he had seen me do before. I think he found out what he wants to spend his life with....

Gabriel and his mom

1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of you with the sculptures in the background. They are exulting in the victory of music over noise, beauty over blandness, art over chaos and courage over fitting in. Wonderful!!
    And the little Brazilian boy is changed forever. Grace in the city.

    ReplyDelete